- Check your closet. Vegans don’t use fur, leather, and wool, so the first obvious step is to check your closet and get rid of these things. This can be hard, because you have to quit and discard a lot of the designer and expensive items, but that’s the way to go.
- Check for cruelty-free makeup. There are some credible vegan makeup brands in the market, which don’t use animal products and don’t test their range on animals either. This is probably one of the easiest things you can do as a vegan.
- Start slow. If you have been eating meat and dairy all your life, making a drastic change can be hard. Take things slow. For example, try a week of no-meat policy, and you should be able to understand the way your body reacts to the change.
- Don’t tell anyone. Yes, you heard that right. People can judge you for all the wrong reasons, and you would want to avoid that in the first few days. Just avoid telling people, so that you can avoid all that scrutiny.
- Try cooking vegan meals. It can be fun, and you will learn a lot of things. There are websites that are dedicated to this genre, so you can always have a lot of options. Try making an apple pie over the weekend.
- Don’t worry about protein. Yes, you heard that right. You don’t want to be bothered about having protein, because vegan sources like quinoa, tofu, soy products and nuts are as good as that. Just make sure you are having enough, and if you have any questions, talk to a doctor.
- Read the labels. As a vegan, you have to be more careful of what you eat, and therefore, take your time to read the labels of the products you buy. If possible, check for gourmet food options online, because you can find a lot of exotic stuff, some of which are imported from other countries.
Lastly, be patient. It will take some time before you can actually start enjoying the new lifestyle, so don’t rush into a decision.